“Why Friar?” Whether selecting a multi-disciplinary professional design firm or seeking employment, the answer to this question is clear. We care. Our unique designs work in harmony with their surroundings; we listen before we act; our experienced staff are committed to quality through teamwork; and, we have a strong track record of exceeding our client’s expectations.
Friar Associates offers architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, mechanical, electrical, plumbing engineering and technology design services. Open collaboration between these disciplines, involving both our experienced and junior staff, leads to knowledgeable teams ready to meet our clients’ goals. We use function, value and efficiency as the basis for designs that respect existing aesthetics while achieving creative solutions.
In business since 1974, Friar Associates blends the art and science of architecture in developing buildings and related environments that respond to our clients’ goals. As one client stated, “If you were to ask me the most remarkable thing about Friar Associates, you might expect me to say it was the quality of design and construction, the attention to detail or the quality of their reports. You might expect me to speak about the staff and their commitment to the customer. All of these factors contribute to my appreciation of the firm...The remarkable difference about Friar Associates is how they handle issues...as they arise…They will truly become a part of your team if you hire them.”
Our company values consist of the following:
- Responsibility- meeting our commitments and adhering to ethical standards in our work
- Leadership - going beyond the expected and providing guidance to others
- Discipline- focusing on our tasks and working cooperatively to achieve success
- Creativity- using our imaginations, pursuing our goals with passion and achieving innovative results
- Listening - Understanding, learning and acting on our clients' needs
- Responsiveness - taking initiative, communicating effectively and adapting to change
- Diversity - understanding the different ideas, approaches and needs of others
- Respect - treating each other with consideration.